I now only have a teenager starting school. She (Nichole) had moved to a different school midyear last year. That was the turning point for her. I know not everyone that has a problem with school can just change schools. But my Nichole was having behavioral problems and I felt the teachers tagged her as a problem child. So we looked into The Academy for Arts and Science and found it to be our solution for Nichole. She went from making D's and F's to (no bull) making A's and 1 B. So needless to say, she is actually looking forward to going back to school.
But I know this is not always the case. Some are waiting eagerly to that first day. Either thier bored or looking forward to certain teachers or seeing old classmates and finding out if they have thier friends in thier class. But then again there are some that are dreading that day. I wish I could take the dread away, but it just must happen The First Day of School.
--I think picking out a nice first day outfit is one of the first things that must happen.
--Eating a good breakfast, so the tummy isn't making noises while on the bus.
--Maybe making some eye contact, either at the bus stop or on the bus, with someone that is either standing or sitting alone.
--Absolutely no pushing to get on or off the bus. You don't want to be know as a bully right from the start. I will touch on bullying in another post.
--Then finally making to your homeroom and looking around, either for someone you know or someone you would like to know.
I have known both sides of this. Can't wait to go to school and dreading it. I just want to wish everyone a great first day of school!!! Learn and Play away!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment