Oh we had a lot of discussions on this in my household. See I always refered to my oldest daughter, Jacquie, as the T and E (trial and error) child. So we decided 16 was a good age to start dating. Well Jacquie has never been "boy crazy" so this actually worked out ok. She has had a few boyfriends since then, but only like those week long relationships. Then she met Steve and, as they say, hooked up. It was the first boyfriend with his own apartment and she was 19 (not much I could of said about that). Hence having my first grandson, Trystin.
Then came the discussion about Nichole's dating age.
We started allowing her to group date around 14. Now, Nichole was a little boy crazy ever since Kindergarten. But we did keep the actual dating age at 16. Not that she obeyed that rule. She just sneaked dating in school. But at least it wasn't at an unsupervised location.
See, I thought I might of erred (hence trial and error) by Jacquie having to start dating at 16. She was not allowed to go anywhere with boys until 16. But I guess what ever you do to try to do right by your children, they are their own persons. Don't get me wrong, I absoulutely wouldn't change things, I love my grandson and my granddaughter on the way, but I absoulutely know my children were to young to have babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment